- MALA BRACELET - Our modern take on the mala bracelet incorporating beautiful Jade and spiritual Agarwood.
- BEAUTIFUL JADE - Transluscent pale-green Jadeite jade stone. Unique oblong shape (16 mm x 1 bead)
- NATURAL AGARWOOD - Warm, dark, natural Indonesia Tarakan Agarwood (14 mm x 11 beads).
- SPIRITUAL BEADS - Agarwood is prized as a spiritual wood and has been used in Buddhist meditation for centuries. Many believe Agarwood manifests the positive life energy (Feng Shui) of health, luck and good fortune.
- SIZE/DIAMETER (APPROX) - 21 cm / 8 inches - 'One size fits most'
Our modern take on the mala bracelet - combining spiritual intention and style. This hand-crafted bracelet is comprised of Jadeite jade (16mm x 1 bead) and Indonesia Tarakan Agarwood 印尼達拉幹老沉香
(14mm x 11 beads). The beautiful, translucent, pale-green Jadeite bead provides a splendid focal point to this bracelet. The Agarwood beads are smooth with a rich, dark, color. Three Bodhi Seed beads add bright contrast to the design.
In Chinese writing, it is no accident that the character for “emperor” looks almost identical to the character for “jade”. In the West, precious gems such as diamonds or rubies were worn by high-ranking people as status symbols. However, in China, it is jade that has been a symbol of status, spirituality, purity, and health for over 9,000 years.
The Chinese named jade "yu", meaning "heavenly stone", "imperial gem" or "precious gem", and in China, jade symbolizes goodness, beauty and purity. In China, there is a proverb that says, "gold is valuable; jade is priceless". Nephrite Jade is believed to impart a feeling of serenity - to soothe and calm the mind and assist in the release of negative thoughts. Jade is the stone of calm in the midst of storm. Many also consider Jade to be a lucky stone that offers good health, wealth, and love.
Agarwood (also called Aloeswood or Oud) is a spiritual wood used extensively in Buddhist ceremonies and meditation. Agarwood is naturally formed within the forests of Southeast Asia when the Agar tree develops resins as a natural defence against infection. Over an extensive period of time (up to 100 years), the resin saturates the wood, resulting in a rare, dark, beautiful heartwood.
Agarwood is also known as a spiritual and healing wood. Many believe Agarwood contains the positive life energy (Qi) of growth, expansion, new beginnings, nourishment and health. Agarwood bracelets and necklaces are carried or worn to manifest positive energy and good fortune.