- CLASSIC MALA BEADS - Stand-out with this eye catching mala bracelet made from spiritual Agarwood.
- BEAUTIFUL AGARWOOD - Smooth, warm, natural Indonesia Kalimantan Agarwood beads (8 mm x 22 beads). Fabulous coloring with natural grain and resin markings throughout.
- SPIRITUAL WOOD - Agarwood is prized as a spiritual wood and has been used in Asian meditation for centuries. Many believe Agarwood manifests the positive life energy (feng shui) of health, luck and good fortune.
- EMPOWERING MANTRA - Buddhist mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum' engraved on bead. It is said that all teachings of Buddha are contained in this mantra, and that to know the phrase is to know enlightenment.
- UNISEX - Perfect mens or womens bracelet.
- SIZE/DIAMETER (APPROX) - 18 cm / 7 inches - Strung with jewelry stretch cord - 'One size fits most'
Fabulous Tibetan mala bracelet, handcrafted from the spiritual wood known as Agarwood. Beautiful, natural Agarwood mala beads with resin streaks and grain patterns highly visible throughout. A bead engraved with the Buddhist mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum' reminds us to live with intention, meaning and happiness.
The mantra 'Om Mani Padme Hum' is easy to say yet quite powerful, because it contains the essence of Buddhist teaching.
• Om is the sound or “vibration” of the universe. It is meant destroy attachments to ego and establish generosity.
• Ma removes the attachment to jealousy and establishes ethics.
• Ni removes the attachment to desire and establishes tolerance and patience.
• Pad removes the attachment to prejudice and establishes perseverance.
• Me removes the attachment to possessiveness and establishes concentration.
• Hum removes the attachment to hatred and establishes practice of wisdom.
So in this way recitation of the mantra helps achieve perfection in the six practices from generosity to wisdom.
Agarwood (also called Aloeswood or Oud) is a special wood that is prized for its beauty and natural fragrance. Agarwood is naturally formed within the forests of Southeast Asia when the Agar tree develops resins as a natural defence against infection. Over an extensive period of time (up to 100 years), the resin saturates the wood, resulting in a dark, beautiful heartwood.
Agarwood is also known as a spiritual and healing wood. Many believe Agarwood contains the positive life energy (feng shui) of growth, expansion, new beginnings, nourishment and health. Agarwood bracelets and necklaces are carried or worn to manifest positive energy and good fortune.